Top 15 places for Gin-Lovers in UK.
In recent times, brands from Bombay Sapphire to Hendricks and Mezcal Gin have helped bring gin back into fashion.
TAKE a tour and discover distilleries, historical places, bars, restuanrants from every corner of UK:
- 1.- Plymouth
- 2.- East London Liquor Company - Bursting onto the London gin scene in summer 2014, a true gin lover's nirvana.
- 3.- Tower of London - Discover the secret of Beefeater and pair this with a trip to the Tower of London
- 4.- Sipsmith distillery in London Be greeted with a G&T at Sipsmith distillery in London, Tours are held on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings in the distillery at Chiswick, West London. The Lakes Distillery, in the Lake District
- 5.- Lakes Distillery - Find out how the world-class spirits whisky, gin and vodka are made in the Lakes Distillery, one of the national park's newest visitor attraction. It's six miles north of Keswick on the A66 and it's well-worth booking a tour.
- 6.- City of London Distillery - The first distillery to be launched in the square mile for over 150 years, CoLD have brought gin back to the area where it led to so much social destruction during the Hogarth's Gin Lane era.
- 7.- Bombay Sapphire in Hampshire - Named after a famous gem. Discover the secrets of Bombay Sapphire, recognised by its distinctive blue bottle at their distillery at Laverstoke Mill 60 miles southwest of London in Whitchurch.
- 8.- Birmingham - The world's biggest gin distillery is Crosslands Road in Langley.
- 9.- Merchant House, London - These guys believe they have the biggest selection of premium gin and rum anywhere in the world – the seams are bursting.
- 10.- Southwest Scotland - Hendricks, known for its quirky adverts, is distilled in Girvan in South west Scotland.
- 11.- The American Bar at The Savoy, London - So esteemed is this bar, that since it's 1893 conception the role of head bartender has been filled by just 10 people. One of them was Harry Craddock, author of The Savoy Cocktail Book.
- 12.- Liverpool Gin - One of the newest to the market, the Liverpool Gin Distillery opened in the Bootle area of Liverpool in 2013 selling it's traditional Liverpool Gin and two flavoured gins.
- 13.- Essex - The small independent on the farm in Essex. Slamseys, near Braintree make fruit gins at their farm using berries grown here.
- 14.- London Gin Club (at The Star) - Formerly a cafe in the heart of Soho and now a gin paradise, The London Gin Club have offer a vast array of gins and a sizable selection of tonics to go with it.
- 15.- Gorilla (the Gin Parlour), Manchester - One of the liveliest music venues in the North has got a little secret.